I’ve been on this ginger kick lately and recently I stumbled across this recipe that makes for a perfect marriage.
This traditional pear upside down cake gets a little makeover with some added candied ginger. Speaking of candied ginger, have you ever made your own? It’s super easy and makes such a great gift!
Yeah, I was feeling a tad cheesy with the heart shaped pears. But hey, the sun was shining and I just couldn’t help myself.
This cake is best eaten warm…
So I served myself up a slice, with just a touch of whipped cream.
And it was divine.
Happy Monday and Enjoy!
Candied Ginger and Pear Upside Down Cake
adapted from Whole Foods Market
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 ripe but firm Anjou or Bartlett pears, cored and cut into 1/4-thick slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar